Minecraft has two settings – super easy and almost impossible. Both are great and fun, but you may want a nice middle ground that does not feel like an all-out or all-in situation. Unfortunately, that is not possible in the vanilla version of Minecraft. Fortunately, the Limited Lives Mod gives you the alternative that you need. This is a server-wide mod that will limit the lives of everyone connected to the server.
Say !ll or !Minecraft 1.12.1 Mods in chat to find out how many lives you have left or how long you have left to respawn.
You do not lose everything when you die. Instead, you will spectate and prepare for respawn or leave the server entirely. However, dying does leave your things undefended, allowing other players in the server to do with your stuff as they please. While you will not lose everything because you die, you may lose it all because of other players.
Also port: http://azminecraft.info/limited-lives-mod/
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
To be installed on the server. Installation on clients not necessary unless they are hosting their own LAN servers.
Download Limited Lives Mod:
For minecraft 1.7.10
For minecraft 1.8
For minecraft 1.8.9
For minecraft 1.9
For minecraft 1.10.2
For minecraft 1.11
For minecraft 1.11.2
For minecraft 1.12.2/1.12.1/1.12